- Welcome to Slidespeech. We provide a system made available via our website at www.slidespeech.com and subdomains of slidspeech.com (website), which enables customers to build and provide access to presentations which have vocalised scripts added to them (services) and for customers' users to access those vocalisations (on whatever terms a customer makes them available - that's up to them). If you have questions about how to use our services or the great things you can do with Slidespeech, see our FAQ
- These terms are binding and apply on any use of the services and website by you.
- We can change these terms at any time if we give you 30 days' notice of the change, whether via our website or by sending you an email.
What you get
- You become a registered user if we have confirmed your username and password and you have agreed to follow these terms. You need to make sure your username and password is secure and confidential. Make sure you tell us straight away if you think or know someone else has used your password or there has been any other security breach. Until that time, we may hold you responsible for anything done using your username and password. MAKE YOUR PASSWORD A STRONG ONE AND KEEP IT SECURE.
- If you follow these terms, then we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide licence to access and use the service via the website (for customers, according to the specifications of the access plan you have subscribed for). We can withdraw this licence or modify the services whenever we want and for any reason but we'll notify you first if it's major.
- If you as a customer have subscribed for support, then if you do have technical problems with the service, you should make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting us. Check our FAQ for common questions. If you still need technical help, please contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org). The type of support we give you depends on the plan you have subscribed for with us if you are a customer.
- You must only use the service and website for your own lawful purposes, in accordance with these terms.
- We let you use the service and website to build, provide and access presentations which have vocalised scripts added to them (vocalisations) making them available to others (your users). You acknowledge if you are a customer that you are responsible for your user's actions while using the website and services and agree to indemnify us if they breach any of these terms. In addition, if you are a user you accept these terms when you access the website.
- It's up to you as a customer how you build and offer your vocalisations, and what data you input into the website for the vocalisations you develop, including without limitation, any logos, information, slides and any other intellectual property (data), provided you comply with these terms. Any transactions or terms in relation to your vocalisations are strictly between you as a customer and your users - we just provide the means for customers to provide vocalisations to users and are not responsible for anything to do with that relationship.
What you need to do
- You need to:
- make sure you always give us your correct contact and customer billing details, particularly if these change;
- follow these terms and any other agreements you have with us;
- make sure that you stick to all laws and other rules that relate to your use of the website, the service and any vocalisations you develop or access.
- Customers remain solely responsible for complying with all laws in whatever country you or your users are accessing vocalisations or making them available. It is your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your data via the website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
What you can't do
- You can't:
- assign or transfer any rights you have under these terms to any other person without getting our written agreement;
- do anything that would damage or disrupt our website or a service or anyone else's use of our website or a service;
- infringe anyone else's intellectual property or other rights in their own vocalisations. You should check what limits there are on your use, access or other dealing with anyone else's vocalisations - some are freely available or made available under creative commons licenses for example; others are only available if purchased under licence from the owner - IT IS UP TO YOU TO CHECK AND YOU MUST NOT BREACH THE TERMS UNDER WHICH THOSE VOCALISATIONS ARE MADE AVAILABLE;
- use our website or a service, including, without limitation, any communication tools available through the website or any vocalisation, forum, chat room or message centre:
- to upload material or data in violation of any law (including to breach copyright or other intellectual property rights held by us or anyone else which you do not have the right to use);
- to send unwelcome communications of any kind to anyone (e.g. spam or chain letters);
- to abuse, defame, threaten, stalk or harass anyone;
- to publish, post, upload or distribute unsuitable, offensive, obscene or discriminatory information of any kind;
- for running any network scanning software, spiders, spyware software, robots, open relay software or similar software;
- to upload anything or otherwise introduce any viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs or bots or any other damaging items which could interfere with our, or anyone else's, network or computer system;
- for using any software or device which may hinder the services (like mail bombs, war dialing, pinging etc.);
- to attempt to gain unauthorised access to any services other than those to which you have been given express permission to access; or
- using a false identity to try to trick anyone for any reason.
- You can terminate your access to the website and services at any time by sending an email to email@example.com and we will not charge you as a customer further for the services. However, we will not provide any part-month refund for any time not used in the month you cancel the service.
- We can also stop or suspend your access to the website or the service without telling you if you break any of these terms or any other agreement you have with us. In such circumstances you acknowledge that we may delete your data within 30 days from termination. We know how much work goes into vocalisations though so we'll give you a warning before we delete them.
- When you make any communication on the website, you represent that you are permitted to make such communication. We are under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the services.
- As with any other web-based forum, you must exercise caution when using the communication tools available on the website. However, while we are not obligated to, we have the right to remove any communication at any time.
- WE DON'T GIVE YOU ANY WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING ABOUT THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE AS THEY ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". TO AVOID DOUBT, ALL IMPLIED CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED AS MUCH AS IS PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- We will try to give you access to our website all the time but we do not make any promises or provide you with a warranty that our website or the services will be without any faults or interruptions; be secure or private or that it won't have any viruses or other similar nasty things.
- Whilst we intend that the services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the website or services may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place. If for any reason we have to interrupt the services for longer periods than we would normally expect, we will use reasonable endeavours to publish in advance details of such activity on the website.
- Information on our website will change regularly. We will try to keep our website up to date and correct but again we do not make any promises or guarantees about the accuracy of the information on our website.
- We do not warrant that the services will meet your requirements or that they will be suitable for any particular purpose. It is your sole responsibility to determine that the services meet the needs of your business or otherwise and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
- We also aren't legally responsible for:
- any corruption or loss of data or other content which you or anyone else may experience after using our website, or any problems you may have when you view or navigate our website;
- devices or equipment that we do not own or have not given you;
- If you do not follow our instructions or these terms or the website terms;
- any actions or non-actions or other people which disrupts access to our website including your users;
- content of any vocalisations;
- content of ads appearing on our website (including links to advertisers' own websites) as the advertisers are responsible for the ads (we don't endorse the advertisers' products);
- content of other people's websites even if a link to their website is included on our website (we just include the links for convenience to you).
- You warrant that if you are accessing and using the services for the purposes of a business then, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction (such as the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 in New Zealand) do not apply to the supply of the services, the website or these terms.
- You agree not to do or omit to do anything which gives rise to any liability on your part or our part under any legislation or omit to do anything which would avoid that liability. This includes not making any representation or giving any guarantee, warranty or other undertaking to anyone including your users, on our behalf.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND OUR INDEMNITY BY YOU
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE (THIS INCLUDES OUR OFFICERS, STAFF AND AGENTS) ARE NOT LIABLE WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EQUITY OR ON ANY OTHER GROUNDS TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, LOSS, COST OR EXPENSE, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INJURY TO PERSONS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR REVENUE, LOSS OF USE, LOST BUSINESS OR MISSED OPPORTUNITIES, WASTED EXPENDITURE OR SAVINGS WHICH YOU MIGHT HAVE HAD, DENIAL OF SERVICE OR ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE, OCCURRING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE USE OR ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON, OUR WEBSITE, OR THE SERVICE AND BASED ON ANY TYPE OF LIABILITY INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
- YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY US AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, COSTS (INCLUDING ALL OUR SOLICITOR'S COSTS), EXPENSES, DEMANDS OR LIABILITY, DAMAGES AND LOSSES WITHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING IN EACH CASE NEGLIGENCE), OR EQUITY OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM YOUR, OR ANY OF YOUR USERS', BREACH OF ANY OF THESE TERMS OR ANY OBLIGATIONS THAT YOU OR THEY MAY HAVE TO US.
- IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES, THEN YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO TERMINATE THESE TERMS.
- DESPITE THE ABOVE, IF ANY COURT HOLDS US (THIS INCLUDES OUR OFFICERS, STAFF AND AGENTS) LIABLE FOR ANY MATTER RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR OUR SERVICES, OUR TOTAL COMBINED LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE SUM OF YOUR MONTHLY FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THE PREVIOUS 6 MONTHS.
- We own or have the right to use the copyright, trademarks, design rights moral rights, software and other similar rights (intellectual property rights) with respect to our website and the services (our IP). You can't reproduce or use any of our IP other than for the purposes of using the services and the website or having your users use the services and the website or as allowed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. You do not have any rights to our IP except granted under these terms or any other agreement you have with us.
- You are not allowed to, and you can't let anyone else, copy, alter, distribute, display, licence, modify or reproduce, reverse assemble, reverse compile (whether digitally, electronically, by linking, or in hard copy or by any means whatsoever) or use any of our IP without getting our permission first in writing, unless in order to use our services and the website or as allowed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
- You own, or warrant that you are authorised to use, the intellectual property rights in any data you submit to the website. However, your access to the data depends on you paying your monthly fees when due. You grant us a worldwide, royalty free, licence to use, copy, transmit, broadcast, promote, distribute, communicate and otherwise make available, store, and back-up your information and data for the purposes of enabling you and your users to access and use the website and the services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to you.
- You must maintain copies of all data inputted into the services. We adhere to best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, but do not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of data. It is also up to you to remove all data prior to your terminating these terms with us.
- We can use any information we have about you as a customer relating to your credit worthiness and give that information to any other person for credit assessment and debt collection purposes.
- We are not talking here about your data though - that is yours and is confidential. Other than as necessary to deliver the services and as allowed under these terms we will not use it or disclose it unless we have to for security or operational purposes (e.g. if it seems to be causing technical problems), or it breaches these terms or if we are required by law to do so (for example where we are legally required to disclose it). Note that from time to time, we may promote on the website certain vocalisations we think are great examples (including yours hopefully).
- We might however collect and keep information about you that you have given us or that we have gained from another source. You agree that we can use your information for dealing internally with requests, complaints and other customer activities, market and product research and to be able to give you promotional material on our other services and special offers.
- We will collect your and your users' information about visits to our website to measure the amount of visitors to different parts of the site. We may gather more information if we are worried about security issues for example. If we have to by law then we might give any information or data to the authorities.
- We keep all of the personal information and your data that we collect confidential to the same extent as our own confidential information (this includes your contact details). However you will no doubt understand that we cannot guarantee the security of any transmission.
- You can contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or to any other email address notified by email to you by us. If we need to contact you we will email you at the email address you gave us when you set up our access to the services.
Rights of Third Parties
- A person who is not a party to these terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these terms.
- Our relationship under these terms is governed by New Zealand law. We both submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts provided that you will not raise any jurisdictional issue if we need to enforce judgement in another country.
By ticking the box and accepting, you confirm your agreement to these terms on behalf of the organization you are registering and you confirm that you personally are authorised to accept this agreement on that organization's behalf. This is a binding legal agreement so don't accept unless you have the organization's authority to do so.